Saturday, July 21, 2012

Nursing home donation - Spent $0 on $675 worth of items!

I finally finished getting the items around for my big nursing home donation.  These items will be going to a couple different local nursing homes.  

25 diabetic meters
60 Poise liners
5 packages of Depends

Spent $0 on $675 worth of items!


This is one of my most favorite donations thus far.  Mostly being because of the amount of savings I got, and that it is harder for me to get items for the nursing home.  I often donate items to the food bank, but I can't usually get that much for the nursing homes, especially in this large amount.  

I firmly believe that almost anyone can donate.  It doesn't have to be on a large scale like this.  I sure didn't start out donating like this.  However, those Poise packages?  They each had a coupon right on the package to make it free.  Simple.  The meters and Depends were also very easy to get my hands on.  With the cost of insurance and medicine, diabetic meters are in high demand.  

Your community will appreciate any amount that you are able to donate.  Your community will be better because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment