Friday, July 27, 2012

My frugal meal!

Frugal meals are an important part of frugal living, but you do have to be creative at times.  My husband and I will often check out the marked down meat section at Fry's, and if there are any good deals, then we will freeze them for frugal meals later.  

Last night, I made a frugal meal of beef steak with green peppers, onions, butter and garlic rice and corn as a veggie.  It was a huge hit!

I price matched the onions for 3 pounds for .99 at Walmart...


I price matched the green bell peppers for 4 pounds for .99 at Walmart...


I sauteed the onions and peppers in oil, browned the steak in another pan...

I paid $3.91 on Manager's Special at Fry's - Froze it for a later date...


I combined everything and let it simmer for a little bit...


I paid .58 for two cans of corn and the Uncle Ben's rice was on sale, and I paid about $1.



I really lowered the total amount this meal cost by price matching, shopping the sale, shopping the clearance and using coupons.  A little bit of everything went into this meal as far as strategy goes.  




No comments:

Post a Comment