Monday, July 30, 2012

Frugal Meal!

What did everyone end up having for dinner tonight?  We try to stick with frugal meals, but also try to have a variety.

Tonight, we had chicken burgers.  Not something that we have often, but it ended up being pretty frugal.


We got the chicken burgers for $2.00 on manager's special!  Added some seasoning and then to the pan.

Chopped up an onion - Price matched 4 pounds for .99 - Only used half an onion!
Put it in a pan with some vegetable oil and let it heat up.  


I made some coconut rice.  


This required some rice - I got the rice for only .19 after coupon!


And, some coconut milk that the rice was cooked in... I decided to use the vanilla coconut milk.  Organic, and delicious.  It was only $1 for the carton after sale and coupon.


I heated up some Libby's Naturals corn.  I didn't know that they made a natural kind.  Canned veggies are obviously not as healthy as fresh or frozen, but daughter found the can and begged.  I paid .33 for the can on sale without coupon.


I also picked up hamburger buns for .99 at Fry's the other day.

Overall, the meal cost under $4 for the 3 of us!








No comments:

Post a Comment