Monday, July 2, 2012

Couponing has been a passion of mine for years now.  Even before all the hype of Extreme Couponing, I loved coupons.  I found them at a time when we really needed to save every penny we had, and I threw myself into it.  I learned everything that I could about coupons, and I quickly learned how to turn simple coupons into free items.  Some items I even "made money" off of. 

After I found that I could use coupons to get free items, I realized that I wanted to stockpile.  Stockpiling is where you buy extras of a certain item when they are at a "rock bottom price" for a later date so that you don't have to pay full price for that item later on.  I began to build my stockpile of free items, and soon realized that if I wanted to, I could really turn this into a very large stockpile.  However, did I really need 100 tubes of toothpaste?  Did I really need 100 things of pasta?  For me, the answer was NO.  I began to keep some extras, and donated the rest. 

I had never been able to financially give back to my community as I had wanted - Student! - And, I soon realized the potential of coupons.  They could not only save my family money, but also help me to give back to my community.  With the economy being the way that it has the last few years, I really saw the need for the extra help.  Not everyone is financially able to give money to different organizations or areas of their community, but if you can use coupons to gather free items for them, why not?

And so, this blog is to document my never ending journey to help out my community and to help them meet the needs of my fellow people.

No comments:

Post a Comment